Monday, February 26, 2007

Shopping spree!

There must be something in the water - all these fabulous designers are announcing retirements which is always sad news for digiscrappers, but also very hard on my paypal account and scrapping budget. It started off with Michelle Pearson's actions - at 50% off I could justify getting a whole pile of them, and I've been playing with them all week. I also bought Kellie Martin's beautiful "Storm" series of papers - so pretty! Then I have to take another run through Kimberly Geswein's stuff to make sure there isn't anything I don't have - and then she offered a fabulous font freebie which was just what I needed for the page I was working on. I threw a bunch of my new stuff together with freebies from Michelle Coleman, Amanda Rockwell and Catscrap and I really like how it turned out. I normally couldn't afford buy so much great stuff for one page - but with retirement sales and freebies, all things are possible. These ladies' talents will surely be missed in the digi world - and for Amanda, Michelle and Catrine - your generosity is very much appreciated.



But, that's not all. I also found a great sale at ebags this weekend, and finally decided to get a bag for my laptop - it might need to travel when I go to St. Louis, and right now it travels in a fabric grocery bag that came free with a package of paper towels at Wal-mart. That's no good! So I bought this one which is one of the few that will fit my 17 inch laptop, and its PINK.




And while I was browsing there, I realized that I am rather ashamed of the purse I'm carrying right now - I recall that I bought it when I was shopping for wedding stuff - so that was well over 6 years ago!! Its worn right out and when there are perfectly acceptable purses available for less than $20, I really have no excuse. So I bought a little purse and a wallet while I was at it.

Ok, by request, here's the purse. Its nothing fancy but its better than what I've got now, by a mile! Both the purse and the laptop case came from ebags.com for all of you that are wondering. And Geri, the bag comes in green, but its not a lime green - more a sage color. I almost got that or red instead. But I ended up with pink, because - its pink!!



OH HELL. The corn-popper toy has been lying around our house for months and hasn't interested the baby in the least. Until now. Just this second she discovered how it works. By the grin on her face, I think I'd better get myself some tylenol. I'm going to need it.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Ohhh...now I need to go shopping to pick up some goodies!! :) And that bag for your laptop is gorgeous! I am LOVIN' the pink!!

Hope the popcorn popper crisis was okay and that she never looks at it again! LOL. Have a great day!!

Stacey said...

Cheri...I haven't read your blog for awhile...and...your blog humor makes me laugh out loud!!! Seriously, you should be writing a parenting novel or something. If I ever need a lift in life...I know where to come for a laugh!

Do you ever print off any of these beautiful pages you create?? or is this strictly a computer thing??

I did start a blog for the reunion...RomanowFamilyReunion.blogspot.com...check it out! I have no idea how you got the slide show, and I tried to get a counter on the bottom of mine...but as you will see, it's not there...I'm not sure where it is!!

Keep up the great work!!
~Cuz Stacey

cheribear said...

Stacey, I will check out your blog and see if I can help with the photo slide thing.

I printed about 6 pages and gave them as Christmas gifts. Right now I have to get them mailed to me and so I am just going to hang on until there are options closer to home. I am planning to make a Shutterfly book when I have enough pages done - they are very reasonable.

Great to see you!

Laura said...

LOVE the pink bag. Love it.

Geri said...

Love the page...I am pretty sure I commented on dst....

That bag is awesome, does it come in lime green???? :)