Thursday, February 01, 2007

letting stuff go...

I have had a crazy couple of weeks as I am realizing how many meetings and committees and sub-committees I am on with council. With the library moving forward, and I'm heading up the committee for that - its only going to get busier. I think the plan is to have this library open and full of books this spring and we have lots to do in between now and then. So, I have way too much going on and I am at risk of not doing any of it well if I don't cut back a few things. So I stepped down from all of my CT's but one - I'll still be scrapbooking when I have the time, but being that I can't find regular time to do it, I need to let some of my obligations go.

Last night I was at the end of my rope - January is my month to host our $20 club party, and I originally had it organized for all of us to go to a bellydancing class last week but that fell through at the last minute - so I planned it again for Thursday (today) and everyone could make it, and that was good, except bellydancing was no longer an option so it would have to be doing broken tile-mosaic in my house - requiring me to have a clean house and supplies for tile-mosaics. As you know I didn't get to the city on Monday, and so I had to move my party AGAIN, to last night, when only about half the ladies could make it. But I was running out of January, so I had to just do it anyway. And I don't know WHY I cleaned my house because you should see what doing tile mosaics did to my kitchen. What a huge mess!! But I did get a mosaic done:



Then DH got home from work last night and said he can't get tomorrow off - so AGAIN, going for the passport would have to be put off for another week, and I re-scheduled my party and ran around like a madwoman getting things ready - for nothing. And time is ticking on this passport thing - its getting seriously close to impossible to get it back on time.

This morning, he phoned from work to say he did find someone to work for him tomorrow!!! We're going!! I will have everything packed up to go after school, pick DH up from work, and we will be on our way. Weather permitting of course - and its been horrible for the past week or so but looking sunny and bright (but SO COLD) today. It must be close to 30 below but we'll pack warm clothes and drive carefully.

~Cheri

3 comments:

Geri said...

First of all, I am SOOOO glad that someone is going to work for your DH so you can go. I really need you to be in St. L! LOL

So which CT are you staying with?

Eleanor said...

The mosaic looks great, though :)

Good luck with everything!

Laura said...

I hope you're on your way and things are going well so far. That mosaic is really pretty. I wish I was crafty that way. When you get home, could you write me out some directions please? :)