Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ok, I saw this 13 thing on Christy's blog (see link on the side) and thought I'd give it a try.



Thirteen Things about CHERI


Today's topic: 13 things I learned this week.

1. It is pointless to send preschoolers to school with Valentines with all their friends' names on them. They can't read!

2. Its slightly less pointless to send a child to Kindergarten with Valentines with all their friends' names on them. They *should* be able to match names with faces, but its still pretty hit-and-miss.

3. I can't really complain about Valentine's day being overdone if I sent my kids to school with Valentine cookies and jellybeans and homemade cards for all their classmates.

4. Just for the record, it *is* overdone.

5. Pouring the coffee back into the coffeepot and turning the element back on works better than microwaving it.

6. The baby has two new teeth and THAT is why she's so miserable and won't eat anything.

7. My nephew has the chicken pox even though he just got the vaccine, and he has it BAD.

8. It doesn't matter what the incubation period of chicken pox is, or when we saw him last, or whether or not my kids have had it - SOMEONE is going to get it, I just know it.

9. Sweeping the kitchen floor is pointless. Also, it is pointless to convince Blogger that I would like to keep the same font for this entire thing. It will do whatever it wants.

10. Crockpot cooking makes the kitchen just as messy as stovetop cooking. You just have to clean it up sooner.

11. I cannot do anything else when I am walking on a treadmill without posing serious risk to my life and limbs.

12. If you only watch The Bold and The Beautiful once a month, you cannot accurately predict who will be married to whom the next time you watch it.

13. Use the noun "confidant" for men, "confidante" for women.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Christy said...

Ha! I've had the same blogger font experience. No matter what I choose, it's never quite what I expected.

justkc said...

Hehe, blogger is screwing with you.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Love the 13. :-) I can't do much else on a treadmill other than walk, myself.