Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What goes around...

M is sick. We went to my parents' house this weekend for a bit of a visit before they go on their long vacation - they'll be gone almost two weeks. As we were leaving she said she didn't feel well which I might wonder is just a ploy to stay longer but there was just something in her eyes. We brought a pail in the van. I knew it was serious when we stopped to get Subway on the way home and she wouldn't eat a tuna sub. She LOOOOOVES tuna subs.

So, its Wednesday now, and she's still sick. She has a roaring fever which just goes down a bit when she has tylenol or whatever, but never gets near normal. She has headaches and her tummy hurts and she just lays on the couch all day. Last night she woke up screaming at about 4:30 and she was so hot, it was crazy. I gave her a dose of Advil and brought her and a big pail to bed with me. She slept on top the covers and I could seriously feel the heat from the other side of the bed.

I'd be getting aoctor's appointment except for the fact that all of the first and second graders at her school had this last week - all with high fevers for 2-3 days and headaches and this cough. So whatever it is, its going around. So far C and the baby have no signs of it - just wait!

I found the baby jumping on the top bunk of the bunkbed today. We took the ladder off completely back in the fall because the little devil who couldn't even WALK yet at the time was able to climb ladders in the blink of an eye. And with two other kids in the house its impossible to keep the door closed all the time - we had two more close calls before we just took it down completely and told M she's going to have to climb up to bed some other way.

Then a few weeks ago DH had a brilliant idea to take the bunkbeds down and have two twin beds instead. That didn't last long as there was no way to put the dressers in the room that they weren't up against one of the beds. And so I kept finding her climbing up onto the dressers from the beds. That wasn't good for the heart, either so the bunkbeds went back up last week.

And NOW, she got up there again, somehow. I have to think the four year old was somehow involved - but she's not talking. And I can't see how she really could help much, she can barely lift the baby. But I DO know there was a baby bouncing on the top bunk even though the ladder is long gone, so I have to figure out what to do about that. And I am not sure how far I am willing to go with keeping her off of stuff - she climbs onto the kitchen table whenever my back is turned for a second, and also likes to climb the backs of the couches and stand against the half-wall in the livingroom. So, STANDING on the back of the couch. Nice. Do we remove all the furniture? Or do I just try to keep up with her? With the stairs we finally gave up because she got really good at them within the first week or so - in fact, I worry more that *I* will fall down the stairs while carrying her, than I worry that she will fall while going up and down them 123456789 times a day.

So, with that in mind, I saw this layout last week, and I just love it. I usually don't post other people's layouts on my blog but this one makes me smile every time I see it so this way I can look at it whenever I want . I hope everyone else gets a kick out of it, too.

We'll call it my LO of the Month or something: "Almost Free" by Dixi (2GB)




Her credits are posted in her gallery at DST. I am also pleased to know I'm not the only one who might be standing with a camera while my child is climbing all over everything.

3 comments:

Christy said...

The only thing to do is put the ladder back and teach her how to climb up and down.

Geri said...

Sorry M is sick! I really hope the other 2 don't get it...

I have no advice for keeping the baby off things... duct tape maybe?? lol

Chris Wasielewski said...

OMG.... I'm so laughing at A, the little monkey. I think my heart would leap out of my chest!

Sorry everyone has the crud. I think Fall and Spring are the WORST times. Those weather changes are killers!

Chris