Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dads and little girls

The other night I put A to bed as usual, and a half hour later when I went up to my room, I could hear that she was still awake and chattering happily to herself in her crib. I did what moms do - I said to myself "awww, that's adorable" and went on with my business.

THEN, DH comes upstairs and as he's walking by her room, she hears him and says "HI!"

Do I even need to tell you what happens next? I seriously doubt it.

He comes into our room, and he says, "Awww. She's in there by herself! She's not ready to sleep! She's wide awake!"

I say, "She's happy, that's how she winds down, just leave her..."

To no avail, he's already back in her room and I can hear him saying "Hello! You're being too cute to be in the dark alone! Do you want out? Do you want to come and watch TV with dad???"

And, of COURSE she does!! Sure! Well, sure to the first question - HECK YEAH, she wants out, but watch TV with dad, I seriously, seriously doubt it. There is no way on earth she is going to sit quietly and cuddle with dad while he watches the news. After 20 minutes of her jumping on the bed, running in circles around the room, and literally climbing the walls, he realizes *maybe* its not such a bad idea to let her wind down in her crib. He put her back to bed. She sang and chatted to herself for 20 minutes, and went to bed.

~Cheri

3 comments:

Geri said...

Aw so sweet...(and also not so bright on DH's part! LOL) I am glad she went back to her room okay, my boys would have flipped if we took them out and then put them back. LOL

cheribear said...

I am almost positive he gave her (another!) bottle so she wouldn't throw a fit when he put her back in there. Because I was expecting her to freak right out. Sort of hoping, actually...

Nikole said...

How is it that dad's can get away with that? If I did it surely the baby would go bezerk and I'd be up all night.