Thursday, February 01, 2007

Home again, home again...

Well, I got everything packed and everyone in the van, and we set out on the road only to find that what was a beautiful sunny day turned into a white-out blizzard late in the afternoon. We got about an hour from home and had to turn back.

So, we're home, and safe, and warm - but not any closer to having a passport. Next attempt: we'll drive up Sunday evening and I'll go to the passport office on Monday morning, I guess.

Going nowhere - no kidding!!!

~Cheri

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh MAN! Well, at least you are safe and sound and off the highway. Hopefully Sunday will dawn bright and clear!

Christy said...

Well, it's mostly important that you're safe. But CRAP!

justkc said...

You are very, very smart to turn around and keep your family safe. I hate driving in the rain, forget a white-out blizzard. Yikes. I am glad you are safe.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

I'm sorry the trip was a no-go, but glad y'all are home safe. I can't even imagine driving in a blizzard.

Geri said...

I am glad you are safe. I REALLY REALLY hope that Sunday is clear weather for you!