Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The first step

My father in law got a new treadmill with a tv and whatever else - so his old one is upstairs in our room right now. DH runs on it every day. I am thinking, I always said I would if I had one in the house, so maybe I should find my running shoes and give it a go. When nobody is watching, of course.

Yesterday, I did find my running shoes, but they're all muddy - so I just gave up. Today, I was feeling much more motivated, so I took them out and washed all the mud out of every little crack and crevice. I know these shoes need grip but do these companies pause to think about how much trouble its going to be to get mud out of each of those crevices?? And thank goodness it was just mud, I cringe at the thought of it being anything worse. I'd probably just throw them away.

Anyway, there's the first step of my plan for fitness. My shoes are scrubbed clean. I'd really like to try out the treadmill today, but I have to wait for them to dry. Can't have wet squeaky shoes on the treadmill, can we?

Tomorrow's project: Find appropriate clothing for treadmill use.

7 comments:

Chris Wasielewski said...

LOL. I love all the prep. I think you have at least another months worth of things to get "just right" before you embark! ;) I'm GREAT at postponing excersize!

Chris

justkc said...

you did! slide on the side!
hope those shoes dry quick!

Laura said...

I completely understand. Be sure once you have the right clothes that you have a water bottle that fits in the cupholder. There's no cupholder?? Then you should wait until the next time you're in the city so you can get one. :)

Christy said...

Right - because it's not like you can wear pink velour pants in your own home. ;)

cheribear said...

Heavens, no!! I considered the pink velour, but the hem on them often touches the floor, and I had an image in my mind of it getting caught somehow and I'd end up in a crumpled heap at the end of the treadmill.

I did find some yoga pants that seem about the right weight and length. It does have a cupholder but I seriously doubt I could drink water while using the treadmill - too dangerous.

Heather New said...

If it helps, I wear a black t-shirt and pink-and-black track pants. Not velour. And a canary yellow bra.

Unfortunately, that's not a joke in any way.

Geri said...

Good luck finding something to wear!