Saturday, February 24, 2007

Homework

Well, she's only in Kindergarten, or Maternelle, as they call it. So she doesn't have a lot of homework but they send her home with a little book every day and she has little things written in her school agenda that we're supposed to do with her each night. Her school is full-time when most Kindergarten is half-time, so you'd think she'd have enough of school by the end of the day. But she loves to have 'homework' even if its just writing her classmates' names or memorizing her phone number. Anyway, homework has become Dad's job so most nights he's the one reading the stories and helping her with printing letters and words. He's great at it so there are no complaints from me, but I always thought it would be me. I *could* do it, and when he's not around, I do. But I think its important for her to learn French and that if he shows its important to him that she does - it will be important to her too.

So, despite it being against everything in my nature (to teach! to mother! to run everything!!!) I stand back and watch them do homework together. :)

4 comments:

Geri said...

That is an awesome LO! Not just the LO itself but the photo of M and S together! So awesome!

So..do you have this fear that if all your children learn French that they can talk about you behind your back? lol

Bethany said...

Beautiful LO and a beautiful family too.

Cheryl said...

That's a fabulous layout! I really like it.

Christy said...

That is really, really lovely.