Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SPRING!

Well, its spring break for the kids at school, and it actually feels like spring weather-wise. The snow is melting but there is still a pile of it in the backyard - I can't quite get to my flowerbeds yet but if we have a few more days like this it won't be long.

DH brought the girls' bikes out yesterday - and we've been going for walks and rides in the wagon. We even tried to fit all five of us on the quad and took a little ride up to his grandparents' house. We do fit, but its pretty tight! Since we don't go very far or very fast, it works for now but if we are going to be doing this as a family more often, I'd like my own quad someday. He ordered a new rear seat from Cabelas and it will help out a lot in that department, plus it has lots of storage for my camera so I'll be able to take it with me when we go riding this spring. I'm probably the most annoying passenger ever because I insist on driving slowly so I don't miss any of the scenery - and because I am constantly stopping to pick flowers and take pictures. Its so beautiful out here and that's what I love about the quad - we get to see places we probably wouldn't see otherwise. I think DH likes exploring all of the old trails and the sand dunes and the hills and to tell the truth, its not really that big of a deal to get him to drive slowly because he doesn't ever want to get the quad DIRTY. When we didn't have the quad he'd always like to load all of us up in the van and go for drives all over the countryside. Even a trip to the dump is an adventure and he's disappointed if we don't all come along.

These are all reasons we wouldn't make good city people, I suppose! Who goes to the dump for fun? That's just crazy!

ANYWAY, spring is in the air here, and you might be able to tell from this LO that I'm excited about it. Its been a long winter and I'm looking forward to green grass, short sleeves and tulips blooming.


This is my first LO for Jennifer Howland, using her "Airy" paperpack, I also found Kathy Moore's "Essentials Stamped Alpha" tied in really well for the title. Full credits are in my DST gallery.

4 comments:

justkc said...

I have lots of your blog to catch up on but I think I need to move to the country with you!

Stacey said...

You are just crusing along on this blog...I take a peek everyday, just to check up on you guys.

QUAD!!!!Kelly has been waiting to hear this wonderful word from you guys...we love quadding, & I know what you mean, the adventures don't have to be big, but for some reason they're still great!

I'll ask on behalf of K.R.
1. "Are you going to go to any rallies?"
2. "These sand dunes you talk of...are they for anyone to enjoy?"
3. "When is your next free weekend?"
We are planning on a couple M.B. rallies this year...I'll keep you posted, maybe we'll see you.

cheribear said...

YES!! It is true! We finally got a quad just before I left for St. Louis. I will have to post up some pictures of the new baby in the family. Its just NOT RIGHT that we haven't had a quad since M was born. Considering that once upon a time I rode off on a quad in my WEDDING DRESS, you'd think we wouldn't have gone so long without one!

Rallies: Probably, but without the kids of course. We would just go to the ones that are close by to start out with.

Sand dunes: The hills are sandy here so there are actually lots of places to tear around in the sand.
Some are on public land, too.

Free weekend: Well, we were actually planning to come your way TOMORROW, but mom has laryngitis and is worried about stormy weather. But we'll have to get together soon - maybe over easter.

If you're in the area PLEASE let us know - even if we can't make a rally there's lots of countryside we can show you and extra beds in the house if need be.

Stacey said...

O.K....I give up...does this quad have a name??

We are planning on going to Marchwell (April 22), Esterhazy (April 29), rallies.

Did Dustin & Wendy get a quad yet??

From Kelly