Friday, January 19, 2007

Busy, busy...






Is it Friday already? Can that be right? I've been busy all week with one thing or another. Gosh, this house looks like it too. Maybe I should invite someone over so I have motivation to clean things up. As you can see I have a couple of new LO's done - full credits are in my DST gallery but those kits are basically Valorie's "Goodnight Moon" at DSS and Tamra's "Color Me Happy" at PDP. I had lots of fun with both of them.

Yesterday, DH and the kids went skating after school - they're really getting the hang of it and spend much less time lying on the ice. The girls had their first skating lesson this week and even though they missed the first half - it seems to be making a difference. M was making "bubbles" with her skates, C was practicing skating BACKWARDS (yes, backwards) and I've noticed them both girls letting themselves glide a bit instead of just taking steps on the ice. I took more pictures, of course.

Then, I tried taking pictures for our minor hockey teams. I know now that I need to take a class or something because I am pretty hit-and-miss. I stood in exactly the same spot and would take two pictures in a row and one would be great, the other not so hot. I expect if I took a class, I might be able to figure out why. Never having played hockey, I had no idea how to pose the kids so they looked spectacular - finally on the last couple of players I figured out a pose that looks really good and natural, shows off their faces and everything - but I wasn't about to drag the rest of them out there for a do-over. But it goes to show that sometimes the only way to learn is to keep doing it until you get it right. One thing I know for sure is, every bone in my body is still frozen solid.

I won't post the hockey pictures since they're not my kids, but THESE ones are mine:

I skated to you, mom!!

Concentrate! Concentrate!
Take the picture so I can GO!

1 comment:

Chris Wasielewski said...

Love those skating pictures!! So cute! Your latest layouts are awesome as well! Love that blue.....so soothing!

Chris