Sunday, January 21, 2007

Alarm clock issues

Before Christmas, my husband bought me an alarm clock. For years we have been resetting his alarm clock on any morning when I need an alarm - he gets up around five and I will re-set it to 8 or whenever, and that has worked. But considering there are alarm clocks with TWO alarms, it would make sens for us to have one of those, no?

Uh, no. This alarm clock is posessed by the devil. I won't go into its evil behaviour on Christmas morning which ended with me ripping its batteries out and throwing it against the wall, and using profane language not fit for this blog. It has been on good behaviour since, so we let it have its batteries back and I took the time to carefully set it, following the beyond complicated instructions to the letter, to make sure its not a user-error problem. I've had various alarm clocks since I was 12 years old and never needed instructions until now - but this one is a beast, I tell you.

ANYWAY, I don't trust it enough to set the alarm. I read every letter of the instructions to make it NOT GO OFF, ever. And for a week, I've had peaceful mornings. But, suddenly Sunday morning at 8:03 - its going off. The crazy thing is, it even *knows* its Sunday. I think I gave it too much information when I carefully programmed it. It says "SUN" right on the front, even though it has a handy "Weekend Cancel" feature that should mean it NEVER EVER goes off on the weekend without specific instructions, it still chose Sunday to go off for no particular reason.

That thing has one more chance - ONE, and its out to the dump. And I will not be the least bit surprised to hear anyone saying they went to dump garbage at 8:03 and heard this obnoxious beeping. Not surprised at all.

Even though we had a rough start, I did get a page done today - a great kit from Faith True.

3 comments:

Christy said...

It's getting back at you for throwing it on Christmas morning.

Chris Wasielewski said...

Truly adorable page!! So pretty, and her eyes are GORGEOUS!! Is that Annique??

Chris

Laura said...

I still love that page. Beautiful beautiful. Now update your blog, would you?