Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend at the lake

A. is going to be a water baby. She soaked three outfits before we finally gave up and put her in a swimsuit - then she just sat in the water and played.

Oh, we needed this SO BADLY. An absolutely beautiful weekend at the lake - the water was like glass most of the time, the sunshine was warm but not too hot - and we just relaxed and had a good time. We had our first campfire, and the water was warm enough that the kids could play in and around it for hours and not turn purple.

C. playing in the water for hours, and hours
There were cousins at the lake for the girls to play with - boy cousins, but they would do just fine. We barely heard a whine or whimper out of any of the kids, they played so well together.
Within the first hour M. was already changing her usual mealtime conversation to include blood and gore to impress her audience.

M's mealtime dissertation on what the cat dragged in...

Boys are different. Fun, but different.


But, now we're back - its back to real life and school and meetings and babysitters and a pile of dandelions and long grass to mow. I don't mow, but its looking like I'm going to HAVE to - when I find the time - not sure when that will be. Three more weeks of school for DH - this can't be over fast enough for me.

5 comments:

Carol said...

I'm glad you had a great time at the lake. Love the pictures. When did Annique's hair get so long?
I miss your updates on CL.

cheribear said...

hey, Carol!! Feel free to stop by here anytime - I just had to get all my journalling in one place for my own sanity!

Christy said...

Boys are different. Absolutely. And thank goodness!

Heather New said...

I love that picture of Cecily gazing adoringly at the boys. She's gonna be the quiet type of flirt. LOL

Laura said...

Those are great pictures - someday, I will go to the lake. Someday...