Wednesday, June 20, 2007

All the pretty horses


Since we have one night this week without anything to do - and it happens to be the same night that the Musical Ride is in the community where my sister lives - I decided to take the girls. I still remember the first (and last) time I saw the Musical ride - I was about six years old and completely enthralled. So I couldn't wait to take the girls to see it.

They absolutely loved it - we were outside waiting when they rode past my sister's house and A. loved the sound of the horses' hooves on the pavement. If you ever ask any of my kids what sound a horse makes, its never 'neigh' - always "pitty-cupitty-cupitty-cup"

So A. was saying "pitty-cupittycup" all the way to the fairgrounds and through the parts of the show where she wasn't jumping and bouncing and singing. She liked it, to say the least. I fear that it was one of my children who said "its a big line of BUTTS!!!" very loudly at the very beginning when all of the horses lined up to get permission to begin the ride- and well, we *were* seated on the butt-side. Something a 6 year old couldn't help but point out.

There. Now everyone gets to see their butts.


The weather was beautiful - sunny and warm and amazingly, NO BUGS. Its been raining so much the last few weeks, everything is shockingly green - I regret not bringing my good camera to take pictures, but it just didn't make sense to juggle that along with everything else. The crappy Nikon did get a few shots - and I will upload some video tomorrow if I can figure out how.

The girls meeting "Leanne"
I didn't get very good pictures of the kids with the horses, mostly because I had A. in the sling and she wasn't letting me get close enough to take pictures - she kept bailing out the front because if we got close enough, she wanted to touch the horse TOO. She has no fear, that little one. I just gave up, put the camera away, and took her right up there so she could touch the horse. My nephews, on the other hand, were having none of that. Horses are good from far, but far from good.

Here, Christy - this is why the ride is musical. ;)

Just for Heather, the "Music Box Dancer" part:


5 comments:

Stacey said...

That's really cool, my girls would love that too! What happened to your "Crappy Nikon"? Is it a Nikon SLR? Because I have been looking...

Christy said...

What makes the ride musical?

cheribear said...

stacy - the Nikon SLR's are awesome too, as far as I know. The 'crappy Nikon' is a $100 point and shoot digi and I can never get it to work right.
My SLR is a Canon Rebel XT because Serge went camera-shopping, and he could remember that I liked the "Rebel" but not whatever combination of letters and numbers on the Nikon SLR. So he bought the Rebel.

cheribear said...

They play music and the whole thing is choreographed. So its the 'musical' ride. I have video to upload as soon as I figure out how.

Laura said...

You figured it out! Very cool - it sounds interesting. :)