Monday, October 08, 2007

Pictures as promised

We ended up with 34 people at Thanksgiving - at least we think so, it was impossible to get everyone to sit still for a head-count. But there were lots of us, and I took a lot of pictures. None of them are especially good, but it was kind of crazy and busy, and so are the pictures.

The weekend was nice - weather was perfect for a last weekend at the lake - if its too warm, you feel like you're shutting things down and leaving too soon. It was kind of cloudy and cool but still nice enough for the kids to be outside most of the time (thank goodness! There were 19 of them, I think!) but cool enough that my dad could have the wood stove fired up and nobody passed out from the heat in the livingroom.

The morning was quiet - we had a volunteer to do dishes

meanwhile, I made the sugar pie (see recipe/results in the previous post)

people started arriving in the afternoon, the ladies kept busy in the kitchen
the kids played outside most of the day - this is 'flag tag'

when they all came in, the living room got pretty crowded
and the other half:
Shoes!
(***my mom reads this blog, so if you think the carpet is ugly, PLEASE don't hesitate to comment on it)

Its not Thanksgiving without a kids' table - in this case we moved them all next door.
That's about it! We had a great supper and a good visit with everyone. We look forward to seeing some/all/most of the family again sometime around Christmas.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Sorry, Cheri's mom, but that carpet is less than beautiful. But you should really just tell Cheri that living with carpet like that gives you strength of character. ;)

justkc said...

I *love* your lake pictures/stories. And sorry, I kind of like the funky carpet - why is it all covered up with that rug?

Stacey said...

Looks like a "full house". Nice to see everyone got together and the kids got to play outside. That's the way to enjoy Fall. It makes Thanksgiving feel so special.

Kelly said...

How great-- a big family Thanksgiving. I will keep myself out of trouble by withholding my carpet opinions. :)

Stacey said...

Cheri, do you know anyone who uses Corel Photoshop Pro XI?? That wouldn't mind sharing a copy?
Thanx,

cheribear said...

Do you mean Paint shop pro? No, I don't know anyone who has it or uses it right now - most people I know are using Photoshop which is made by Adobe. Lots of people use paint shop pro for digiscrapping - but I just don't know any of them. :)