Friday, September 07, 2007

Almost 100 days without TV

If you think its been a long time since I last posted anything on my blog, just imagine how much LONGER it would seem if you had no TV. Then multiply that by three. That is our life. No TV. The silence is deafening. I thought I'd go crazy the first week, the first month was insanity - but now, we're used to it. Every once in awhile I get Star-choice on the phone again, and after an hour or so on hold, I discuss with some 'service representative' how much I'd really like to have some TV. And they assure me they'll get something done right away. And then its back to the waiting. Now they're saying if its not done by Monday, it will probably never get done. At least they're honest. Then I can phone cable. *shudder* Please, anything but cable. Well, anything except NO TV. I miss my boyfriend Jon Stewart. I need my TV back.

August is over, in case nobody noticed, so its fall now. It happened almost instantly. If the calendar says September, you might as well just put msot of your shorts and tank tops away - because you're lucky if you get a handful of days to wear them. It just happens like that. Almost overnight the trees started turning, and now most of them are yellow. We might get some more nice days, and it might not snow for months - but summer is over. Period.

The kids are back to school - C. had her first day of Kindergarten ( a.k.a. maternelle) today, and M. started two days earlier. I'm still working three days a week so starting next week I'll be taking A. to daycare, which is new for her but I think she'd be bored out of her mind if she had to stay home with me 5 days a week so its probably good for all of us. The morning routine is hectic for someone like me who thinks it should be illegal to get out of bed before 8 am. I have to get the two older girls dressed and off to school (with lunches packed!!!) and the baby out of bed, dressed and ready for daycare. Its probably a good idea to get myself showered and dressed as well. That's a lot of activity to pack into one hour, but we'll manage it somehow.

Last night I actually found a few minutes to scrap something, I think having no TV has been bad for my scrapbooking because its too quiet and I get restless without some background noise - and I can't get anything done. But my friend Chris started designing digital, and I had to play with her new kit - so here's my layout:

I think another reason I can't scrapbook lately is that I can't be bothered to fuss with the details as much as I usually like to - drop shadows and what is layered over what, etc. For this one I just gave myself permission to put stuff wherever I want and not worry about any of that. It felt good to get something started, even better to just decide that its done. For now. ;)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Well, well, well, welcome back!! I just about gave up on you!

Christy said...

I get out the door with two in less than an hour every day. I've discovered that if I get completely ready before they're awake, the rest is a breeze. But once they're awake? Forget about it. It's chaos.

Jen said...

Gorgeous page!!

Kelly said...

I don't know... we're over halfway through September and I'm still wearing shorts and a tank top. LOL. Sounds like you have busy mornings. Good luck with that. :)