Tuesday, May 01, 2007

NOOOOO!

How could I forget that my baby learned a new word this weekend? You can guess what it is! I was taking her back home from the playground and she ran in the opposite direction - I told her to come back with me and she paused and said...... NO! and that felt good, so she said it again, more forcefully.

So here it is, another milestone. We notice first steps and first teeth and all that - but when they start to tell you "No!" - its a whole new ballgame!

But is it? I mean really - was she having any trouble communicating "NO!" with the whole shrieking routine - stomping in a circle, collapsing on the ground, shaking her head and feet and arms back and forth wildly? I suppose she's been communicating "No!" quite clearly for as long as I can remember. I don't think she's going to stop all that, by any means - its waaaaay too effective. But this is so much sassier. We're in trouble now, I know that for sure.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, you can have fun with that now. One of my favorite toddler games is to ask elaborate questions just to hear them scream no. "Would you like to have a clam bake on the beaches of Waikiki?" NO! Cracks me up every single time.

Lacie said...

We play the opposite game with Ethan - he answers everything with a resounding YES!, so we ask him all kinds of questions. He's taken the rap for so many naughty things, it's hilarious!

Geri said...

LOL! Too funny! Poor mommy! Christy has a good idea though... I will have to try that!

Stacey said...

Check it out...I've got video! I'm amazed, I actually figured it out!

Stacey said...

I've got video...check it out!